Had to build a new carport due to the fact that Gwen got hit on the head last year by a big old branch from a tree. Was not happy about that so I had to do something. The tarp like tent carport definitely did not cut it or protect her from a wind storm and a tree branch.
As you can see , it was a big branch. I bought a versa tube steel car port 10′ x 32′ in tan. Went together in 2 days and looks pretty good and sturdy, so I think the old girl will be happy and protected in this, her new digs. She shares it with my wife’s historic car Called Francie, a 1976, Mercedes 450 SL hardtop, convertible.
No she hasn’t stop running, she turns over every time and runs like the matriarch she is. That said, she did have an unfortunate thing happen to her about a month or so ago.
She got thumped on her head!!!
In the temporary car port we have her stored in for the winter, in a wind storm a huge branch broke off a nearby tree and ripped through the roof of the the car port and landed right on the roof of Gwen. It was a pretty hefty branch and pushed in the roof as you can see in the pictures below. Thank God it didn’t do more damage, but any damage to the old girl is not good. I was able to push the roof back up and there is only a small indentation in the roof that obviously we are not very happy about.
The most dis-concerning part is, as I thought would happen as I pushed the roof back up, an area of the paint cracked and now there is a section (actually 2 sections) that the bare metal is exposed. Now I have to figure out what I can do to further fix this dent and these spots and match the existing paint. In which will not be easy at all.
Been so busy with things I have negelected Gwen. Not to fear she is fine! Spent some time on her today, checked all the fluids, checked all the tires, charged the battery and took her for a spin and she ran just perfect! Here is a few pictures
July 17th – Took Gwen on a long drive to Orient Point. – 52 mile drive one way – She drove like a champ going there but she was a little rough on the way back, we stopped at our Niece and her husbands house and checked the wires on the spark plugs and the distributor cap and re-set them. She drove fine again after I did that. All said and done we did about 120 miles.What I am noticing is that some of the connections need to be cleaned up. For example, last week the horn suddenly stopped working, I played with the connections and the horn was blowing fine again. So, I will in the upcoming weeks go over all the connections clean them up, replace any connectors and do a change out of a few wires that are looking a little ragged.I think that will solve some sporadic issue’s that have been cropping up.